Emergency Medical Services is the Richland Hills Fire Department's emergency ambulance and first responder capabilities to aid sick or injured persons in the community.
The Richland Hills Fire Department houses and staffs one full time ambulance that is licensed as a Mobile Intensive Care Unit. The department is staffed by 13 paramedics and two Emergency Medical Technicians. The ambulance and fire engine are both always staffed with at least one paramedic.
Dr. Curtis Johnson serves as the department's Medical Director and authorizes all treatment protocols are used to provide care.
Our Paramedics are able to perform the many treatment therapies including:
- IV fluids and medication
- Cardiac monitoring and 12 lead ECG interpretation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support including defibrillation and CPR
- Emergency medication administration and pain relief
- Advanced airway control including endotracheal intubation
- Surgical cricothyrotomy
- Bandaging and splinting
- Cervical immobilization
- Early stroke and heart attack recognition and hospital team activation
- Antibiotic treatment for sepsis and infection
- Vehicle extrication
Ambulance billing is handled by a third party provider called Wittman Enterprises. You can contact Wittman Enterprises at 1-800-772-6552. View the Ambulance Services Fee Schedule (PDF).