The Richland Hills Police Department sponsors the Citizen Police Academy (CPA) with the goal of educating citizens on the inner-working operations of the department. This is accomplished through a series of lectures and hands-on activities that span over an 8 to 12 week period.
The CPA is led by the Community Services Unit, with all lectures and activities taught by Police Officers and Civilian Staff whose current assignments are directly involved in the policing activities covered in their segment of the academy. The CPA is conducted at the Richland Hills Police Department or partner agencies.
Topics presented during the program include:
- Traffic Stops
- Impaired Drivers
- Justice Systems and Case Processing
- Crime Victim Assistance
- Mental Health
- Dispatch and Jail Tours
- Crime Prevention Techniques
- Simulator Scenarios, and more!
- Citizens who reside or work in the City of Richland Hills
- Must be 18 years of age and out of high school
- Possess a valid Texas Driver's License or Identification Card
- Successfully complete a background investigation
- September 7 through November 16
- Thursdays, 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- At the Richland Hills Police Department
For more information, email the Community Services Unit or call 817-616-3783.