The Richland Hills Police Department offers a Vacation House Watch program as a free service to residents of Richland Hills while they are on vacation or out of town for an extended period of time. By completing the form, police officers will drive by your house daily to check for suspicious activity and will contact you in case of an emergency. It is recommended to submit this form in advance if possible.
Requesting a House Watch is voluntary and does not guarantee you will not be a victim of a crime. It is to be used as another crime prevention measure you can take to protect your home.
Other preventative measures include:
- Ensure all doors and windows are locked. (House and Vehicles)
- Valuables are secured and not left outside or in a vehicle.
- Have a trusted person pickup your daily newspaper and mail or have these services stopped while you are away.
- Notify a trusted neighbor of your absence and ask them to report any suspicious activity at your residence to police dispatch, 817-281-1000.
- Leave exterior lights on and several lights on inside your residence, giving the appearance that your house is occupied.
- Utilize a home security alarm system.
Please contact us with any questions: 817-616-3780 or via email.