- About the City
On November 8, 2016, residents of Richland Hills voted to withdraw from the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (FWTA). This election was called by the City Council after they received a petition from residents, which required them to call the election.
Richland Hills now uses a third-party transportation provider for residential transportation services. Information on trip reservations is detailed below. Residents cannot make a transportation reservation until they have received notification from the City that they are approved to use the system.
- Service Area for Mobility Impaired Passengers
- Service Area Senior Passengers
- Hours of Operation
- Scheduling Trips
- Recognized Holidays
- Inclement Weather
The purpose of the transportation provided by the City of Richland Hills is to provide transportation to essential services within the service area. The service may be used for medical appointments, employment, essential shopping and socialization purposes.
Mobility Impaired passengers may travel anywhere in the cities of Richland Hills, Fort Worth, North Richland Hills and Hurst.
Senior passengers (defined as passengers over the age of 60) may travel anywhere in Richland Hills as well the following locations in North Richland Hills and Hurst:
- Kroger on Boulevard 26
- Walmart on Loop 820
- North Hills Medical Plaza
- North East Mall
Transportation Services are available Monday through Friday from 6 am to 8 pm.
Eligible passengers are those that have mobility impairment or are over the age of 60. Riders must register with the City of Richland Hills by filling out an application in advance of using the service. It may take up to three business days to be approved for the service once the application is submitted.
Fares for Mobility Impaired passengers are $3 per one-way trip. Payment can be made by cash or credit card in the vehicle, or by purchasing vouchers from City Hall during regular business hours. Vouchers come in books of 10. If you need vouchers delivered to you, please call City Hall at 817-616-3800.
Fares for Senior passengers are $1.50 per one-way trip. Vouchers must be purchased from City Hall in advance. Not utilizing a voucher will result in seniors paying the higher rate for Mobility Impaired Passengers of $3.00 per one way trip, which can be paid by cash or credit card on the vehicle. However, payment of the higher fare does not allow Seniors to access the same service area as Mobility Impaired Passengers.
Passengers may only be registered for one option at a time; they must either register as a Senior or a Mobility Impaired passenger. To change a registration designation, passengers must submit a new application.
All trips must be scheduled no later than the day before the trip is to take place. Trips that are to occur on Monday must be scheduled no later than the Friday before the trip. Trips can be scheduled by calling 214-217-6371. The scheduling office is open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
Recurring/Standing trips may be established by calling 214-217-6371. Recurring trips can be scheduled for a one month period and must be reverified every month.
When calling to schedule your ride, please have the following information ready:
- The time you are due at your destination and the time you would like to return
- Destination address and description
- If you use a mobility device
The reservations office is closed on major holidays, so please plan your trips accordingly.
- You may be in the vehicle for up to 75 minutes while in transit to your destination, so please schedule your pickup times appropriately.
- Drivers will assist wheelchairs in and out of the vehicle as necessary.
- Service Animals are allowed in the vehicle. Service Animals must remain on a leash and obey commands of the owner.
- Open food and drink containers are not allowed in the vehicle. Smoking is not allowed in the vehicle.
- Only residents of Richland Hills are allowed to register for service. Proof of residency will be required. A driver’s license or utility bill with a Richland Hills address will satisfy the proof of residency.
- To register for service, you must be at least 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 may ride with a registered adult and do not need to be registered to ride.
There will be no service available on the following holidays (this list is subject to change):
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
There is no service on inclement (ice) days.