- City Charter
- Proposed City Charter Amendments
Proposed City Charter Amendments
View the Election Results
The City of Richland Hills held a Special Election on Saturday, May 6, 2023 from 7 am to 7 pm for the purpose of amending the City Charter. View the Election results.
Documents and Meetings
- Sample Ballot: English & Spanish (PDF)
- Sample Ballot: English & Vietnamese (PDF)
- Charter Election Ordinance and Ballot Language (PDF)
- January 23 City Council Meeting: Charter Review Committee Presentation of Proposed Charter Amendments
- February 13 City Council Meeting: Approved Ordinance 1467-23 Calling a May 6 Special Election for the Purpose of Amending the City Charter
What is the Charter Review Committee?
The Charter Review Committee is made up of Richland Hills residents and was put together in November by the Richland Hills City Council to work with City Staff and the City Attorney to review the current City Charter and recommend updates. The committee presented their proposed charter amendments to the public at the Charter Review Town Hall on January 12.
The Charter Review Committee considered feedback provided by the public and presented their final proposed City Charter amendments to City Council during the council work session on January 23. The City Charter was last amended in November 2013. Charter Review Committee meeting agendas and minutes are available in the Agenda Center.
Residents provided feedback on the proposed charter amendments at the January 23 City Council meeting. Public comment was accepted during Item 6A of the regular session.
Council voted to approve the proposed amendments during the January 23 City Council meeting and voted on a resolution to call a Charter Election, including ballot language, during the February 13 City Council meeting.